weight loss ticker

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Monday, January 31, 2011

Things we've been up to...

the kids love building...it takes getting something else to build with to get out the old toys... we got tinkertoys for christmas so now we play with the legos...
This is my beautiful sister..on her 21st birthday...LOVE her..

cape city at our house.. dress ups are great.. we spend (I spend) more time picking up dress ups but at least they are getting played with!

MY INSANE PROJECT...
just to preface this.. I HATE having things on my counters.. I don't mind some decor and a few things but cluttered counters is not my thing!!!
I have needed to paint my pantry shelves for a while.. it has been since we moved in and they get more use than anything else in the house.. so it has been time for a while.. well for some crazy reason I decided Sat. around 4 to pull out the paint and empty and clean and paint the pantry!! so this is how my kitchen and laundry room have looked all weekend ...AAUUGGHH!!!
my microwave and bread containers taking up WAY too much space on the counter..I don't know what I would do if this had to sit on my counter...the electrition thought I was crazy asking for a plug in my pantry.. but I love having it out of the way... it is amazing at how many times we have opened the pantry door only to realize that everything is on the counter.. already

this is the laundry room...what a mess.. I looked at this room and thought to myself.. oh my heck WHY did I do this..??
I forgot to take before pics so imagine scuffed shelves with the wood showing through and I even realized that I had not even painted my small shelves above my garbage cans.. they were mdf and already white.. so I don't even think I ever painted them...

clean painted pantry! so nice I almost just want to leave it nice and clean and empty.. until I look around..it took 1 1/2 days to dry..because the door kept getting shut so it took too long but so happy it is all back together and I have my counters back!

this is the pantry all put back together..so much better... it really surprises me at how much stuff you can squeeze in to a small space..
Now I guess I need to attack my storage room it really could use some arranging too.. but at least NO painting!







4 comments:

Trish said...

Way to go Aim!!! you inspire me:)

Cam and Mary said...

Looks great!

Drapers said...

Looks great!! I wish I had a storage room to straighten, everything is all over the house.

Christensen Family said...

Looks Great. I love my outlet in my pantry. you are not crazy.